To educate government entities about applied security technologies and influence the development of government policies that will strengthen the electronic physical security industry.
- Influence legislation in a manner that protects financial opportunities for member companies protecting critical infrastructure and high-value commercial assets in various vertical markets including health care, maritime, public transportation, education, and nuclear and chemical plants and refineries;
- Inform members of significant public policies that may impact the conduct of business;
- Interact and coordinate with end user organizations on common public policy priorities;
- Establish a reliable team of legislators who advocate policies that advance the interests of the electronic physical security industry;
- Strengthen and leverage the SIA Political Action Committee;
- Liaison with media representatives, think tanks, and other stakeholders to further awareness of SIA’s mission, activities, and members.
*Click here for a list of recent accomplishments
Government Relations Committee Members:
AMAG Technology, Inc.
GSA Schedules, Inc.
Honeywell Fire & Security
Lenel Systems International
Mitchell, Silberberg & Knupp
Stanley Security Solutions
UTC Fire & Security