Everyone wants to live in peace. As part of that, they want a place to call home that’s both comfortable and safe. To achieve that goal, a lot of individuals buy or lease the best home security systems available. That entails choosing a top-rated security firm, having them assess the residence, and then getting expensive equipment installed.
While that’s one option, it’s a bit overwhelming if you’ve never had a security system before. If you live on a relatively tight budget, having one of the best home security systems installed that costs a fortune isn’t feasible. How about some great news? Whether you own or rent a house, you can easily enhance your protection and without spending much money.
Today, several companies offer exceptional home security systems at prices that fit almost every budget. So, if you live alone, reside in a higher-crime area, or want peace of mind that you, your family, and your possessions are safe, consider these five possibilities.
With a 140-year history of having the best home security systems, ADT is hard to beat. Throughout that time, this company has led the way in providing people what they need to feel safe inside their homes. Thanks to advances in technology, ADT has state-of-the-art solutions while keeping its prices reasonable.
By going with this company, you can select from three different plans.
- Secure Plan – This includes a touchscreen display panel, intrusion detection, CO, flood, and fire monitoring, along with voice control integration.
- Smart Plan – With this, you’d get everything included in the Secure Plan, as well as Smart Home Automation and access to a remote app.
- Complete Plan – Along with all the features of the Secure and Smart Plan, this one also comes with stored video clips and video surveillance.
Of course, ADT can also customize one of their best home security systems specifically to meet your criteria.
This company has a long history of providing cutting-edge security systems to both home and business owners. However, SimpliSafe takes a little bit of a different approach. It knows that homeowners want protection, but they don’t want their properties to look as though they’re built inside of a fortress. For that reason, it came out with sleek-designed sensors and security cameras that look great but without compromising on protection.
A few examples of what SimpliSafe has to offer include:
- Entry Sensors
- Glass-Break Sensors
- Panic Button
- Video Doorbell
Along with professional installation, SimpliSafe has a line of DIY home security systems.
If the best home security systems involve customization, Alder is worth consideration. For one thing, the wi-fi internet connection used for their systems makes it possible for you to see things happening at your house in real-time using a tablet or smartphone. For another thing, Alder has a support center that serves as additional eyes to protect your property.
Remember, Alder can customize any system you want. However, if you’re interested in installing yourself, you can go with a plan loaded with features. Included is a seven-inch touchscreen display center, cellular panel that boasts two-way talk, a smartphone app so you can arm or disarm the system remotely, and 24×7 monitoring and support.
Keep in mind that the best home security systems don’t automatically cost the most. So, there’s no reason to overspend to amp up the protection of your property. Here’s a prime example. Abode has two excellent plans, one that includes 24-hour monitoring for a nominal fee.
- Standard Plan – Talk about a unique home security system. For only about $0.20 a day, this comes with a one-touch arm and disarm feature, unlimited users, customizable notifications, push notification alerts, video storage, home automation, in-app panic alarms, and Smart Home integration. You can also choose either on-demand monitoring or premium monitoring.
- Pro Plan – Ranked among the best home security systems available but at an affordable price is Abode’s Pro Plan. With this, you get everything in the Standard Plan plus professional monitoring for fire, medical emergencies, and break-ins. This also includes exclusive discounts, and with the Pro Plan, you’ll likely get a discount on your homeowner’s insurance.
As a beginner, Frontpoint might be more to your speed. Now, that’s not to say they don’t have high-tech solutions, just that they feature plans for people with little to no experience with home security. All of their incredible systems work easily with any device that supports the Frontpoint app. Controlling the security system and Smart Home features is a breeze.
With any of the various systems, you can see things happening inside and outside your house when you’re at work or running errands. If you’re a parent with kids who stay alone for a short time after school, you’ll love what this security company offers.
You can choose from one of four innovative plans.
- Safe Home Starter – For just $99, you can enhance your home’s safety with a motion sensor, two sensors for doors or windows, and a keypad and hub. Keeping a house safe has never been more affordable or easy.
- Safe Home Everyday – A little more expensive at $295, this is still an incredible bargain. This Frontpoint plan includes everything you get with the Starter plan, plus an additional motion sensor and one more sensor for a door or window.
- Safe Home Select – Still affordable is this plan for $383. Again, you get everything that comes from the Starter and Everyday plan, plus more. In this case, you’ll benefit from four sensors for doors and windows, a sensor for both smoke and heat, and even a glass-break sensor.
- Safe Home Preferred – At $479, this is a small price to pay for having peace of mind. Along with everything the other three plans come with, you’ll also get an additional door and window sensor, for a total of five, as well as an indoor camera.
Considering you don’t know much about home security or the installation process, you’ll like that the DIY Frontpoint system is super easy to install. Here’s the coolest part. For less than $1.50 a day, you can select the Ultimate Plan. That includes 24×7 monitoring, as well as motion-triggered alerts.
When it comes to the best home security systems, you won’t go wrong with any of the five companies mentioned. However, other companies provide outstanding plans, services, and support, as well. A few of these that deserve recognition include:
You don’t have to be a guru to enjoy all the benefits that the home security systems provide. If you own your house, you can do anything you want, but even if you rent, you can choose a wireless system that gives you the same protection at an affordable price.