Wireless Home Alarm System Prices
It’s unfortunate that nearly one-quarter of all property crimes in the United States are burglaries. Of these, more than 60% involve forced entry, and this statistic is probably due to most burglaries occurring during the day when fewer people are around. Luckily for you, there is a way you can protect your loved ones who reside with you from harm – install an extra set of eyes on them!
To do so, consider investing in a wireless home alarm system that will alert authorities if anyone tries to break into your house while they’re away at work or school without having any interaction with security guards themselves. But how much does a wireless home alarm system cost? In this blog post, we are going to take a look at the prices of wireless home alarm systems.
Wireless Home Alarm Systems Prices
If you’re looking for a wireless alarm system, keep reading to find out just how much these systems typically cost.
The sound of a professional installation will echo through the halls, so it’s best to get one that you can monitor. Some companies offer promotions where they charge for only an up-front cost in exchange for your signature on a long-term contract.
- The installation cost of a typical wireless system for an average-sized home consisting of a control panel, window and door sensors, battery backup, motion detector sensor is anywhere from $50 to 2 thousand dollars.
- Monitoring fees will cost you an extra $15 to $50 per month.
- Add-ons such as additional door/window sensors, motion detectors, glass break sensors, and even protection from smoke or carbon monoxide can be added on for around $50-$200 apiece.
- You could save a lot of money by purchasing professional components and installing them yourself.
For a DIY wireless home security system, you can spend only $100 or less and up to $1,000 or more.
- A very basic kit that includes a keypad, door/window sensor, motion detector, and alarm at just $50. This is the perfect starter kit for your new home security system!
- For roughly $250, you can buy a sleek all-in-one wireless home alarm system with three contacts, a motion sensor, transformer, backup battery, and more.
- A more professional Honeywell setup with ten wireless transmitters, a motion sensor, keypad, battery, and more costs approximately $500. This is the perfect option for any type of property that needs to be protected from intruders!
What is the average cost of a home alarm system?
Today, the average cost for home security system monitoring services ranges from $15 to $35/month. The upfront cost of a home protection kit is typically between 100 and 250 dollars, while monthly costs can range anywhere between 10-35 per month, depending on your needs.
What is the best wireless security system to buy?
List of the Best Wireless Home Security Systems
- SimpliSafe – Best Wireless Home Security Overall.
- Cove – Most Affordable Wireless Security System.
- Vivint – Best Wireless Security with Home Automation.
- ADT – Best Professional Monitoring.
- Frontpoint – Best DIY Wireless Security.
- Abode – Best No Contract Wireless Security.
Are wireless alarm systems reliable?
Wireless systems have been shown to be reliable systems, but interference can cause sensors to react unpredictably. Maintaining these devices properly will ensure the security of your home or business.
Is it worth having a security system?
If you want to stay safe in your home, then it’s important that you buy a security system. Security systems and monitoring discourage break-ins: 60% of convicted burglars say they will target another home if they discover a security system in the one they are trying to rob.
Desiree Macy is the Editorial Director of SIA Online Magazine which is frequented by security executives, corporate security officers, and private protection professionals each month. Desiree’s interests revolves around cyber-security, and business continuity.